Two-piece floating rotors that offer better performance, longer life and weight savings
PFC Direct Drive Rotors are premium two-piece floating rotors designed to work with your stock E46 M3 calipers and braking system!
Performance Friction’s higher precision and tolerances give you a rotor that will reduce drag, eliminate pulsation and vibration, and reduce heat transfer. Plus, wear rate is greatly reduced as well! Direct Drive rotors are two pounds per rotor lighter with a dimpled finish that performs similar to slotted discs but without any increase in wear.
- Made from high-carbon alloy with copper and molybdenum for high-temperature strength and stability
- Vanes (all 47) are turned on both ID and OD surfaces to reduce thermal warping and vibration
- Runout of less than 0.0005″ and thickness variation less than 0.0002″ to reduce pulsing and vibration
- Surface finish less than 0.7 microns
- Double-shear bobbin attachment to allow both radial and axial expansion – far superior to BMW Motorsport rotors
Direct Drive rotors require a higher initial investment versus BMW Motorsport or floating rotors due to their superior quality, but the service cost of replacing the rotors are very similar. (Please refer to the Direct Drive replacement disc listing for prices.)
We recommend using ONLY Performance Friction pads in conjunction with Direct Drive rotors.*
Prices are per FRONT RIGHT rotor. Includes fully assembled hat, directional rotor and Direct Drive mounting hardware.
* Some aftermarket and OEM brake pad manufacturers have a taller profile than Performance Friction pads. We have noticed these taller profile pads coming too close to the bottom of the friction area of the disc, which can create a stress riser causing premature fatigue of the disc. When cold, there must be 2 mm of space between the bottom of the pad and the bottom of the friction disc where the fingers meet the friction area. As the rotor gets hot and expands, this space will diminish. To reduce the chance of this issue arising, we recommend using only Performance Friction pads with Direct Drive rotors.
- The E46 M3 CSL rotors were a slightly larger diameter and require special brackets from BMW on the car. The same design rotors will fit on the Z4M.
Made in USA
E46 (99-05) > M3
E85 / E86 Z4 (03-08) > Z4 M