Performance Friction 318.28.0061.87 & 318.28.0061.88 Replacement Rotors only for the Performance Friction Direct Drive system for the Porsche 996 C2/C4, 997 Carrera, and Boxster/Cayman S. Includes Replacement Rotor and Hardware (Hat not included). Price is per rotor. 2-piece rotors offer better cooling over a one-piece design. Performance Friction’s full floating Direct Drive attachment system allows the brake disc to naturally expand/contract both radially and axially without being constrained by the hub. This helps eliminate rotor warping, vibrations and pulsations.
Note: Performance Friction Brake Pads are recommended for this set up. All other pads must be checked for proper rotor clearance at installation and periodically as they wear. Some brands of brake pads will fit at time of installation, but may contact the rotor-hat during use which can lead to brake failure.
- High Carbon Alloy with copper and molybdenum for high temperature strength and durability.
- Vanes turned OD and ID for balance to reduce thermal warping and vibration.
- Runout less than .001 inches, reducing Pulsation and Vibration.
- Thickness variation less than .0003 inches reduces Pulsation and Vibration.
- 47 or more vanes for superior thermal capacity.
- Aircraft quality heat treated for micro structure alignment and durability.
- Surface finish less than .7 microns.
- 100% measured and inspected to meet tolerance specifications.