A roll bar is the safest and best way to mount harnesses in your E92 track car and provide additional safety during a roll over. The right combination of safety equipment will produce the best and safest results. A roll bar offers additional safety when used properly with harnesses.
- If you’re running with a HANS device, harnesses should be routed straight back from the seat to a roll/harness bar. Running harnesses down to the rear seat belt anchors is not the preferred installation. Wrapping the harness ends around the bar keeps the harness squared on your shoulders.
- In addition, most seats are not tested or approved for downward harness installations. The seatback may not be strong enough for the types of loads coming from your body strapped in by a harness. The harness bar gives you a better angle if you choose to mount the harness at a downward angle. Or wrap the harness around the bar.
This bolt-in roll bar/harness bar is the best we have seen for the E92 coupe – 328i, 328xi, 335i, 335is, 335xi, and M3. It attaches to the chassis at six points – floor, rear seat bulkhead, and rear shock towers. It’s a true bolt-in using existing seat belt anchor points (some of the strongest points on the whole chassis). Unlike other harness or roll bars, there is no drilling or cutting required and it fits with or without a headliner. It fits with the stock or racing seats and the stock carpet (small carpet cut is required or remove it altogether) and meets the requirements for NASA and SCCA for HPDE/TT events. The bars are TIG-welded, 1.75″ DOM tubing with Chromoly interlocking tubes and high grade hardware. Base plates are 1/4″ thick high tensile steel. Since no permanent changes are required this bar is also completely removable.
Angle options –
– Low puts the rear crossbar at its lowest point.
– High puts the rear crossbar higher up so you can store tires underneath it.
Spec options –
– With unmodified factory interior, including sunroof.
– Without interior and headliner installed (2″ taller bar).
Made in the USA.
Ships via truck freight.
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 328i
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 328xi
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 335i
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 335is
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 335xi
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > M3